The Paid Sick Days Bill has been Introduced!
On September 17, the Earned Sick and Safe Leave Amendment Act of 2013 was introduced in the DC City Council! The bill had widespread support from Councilmembers.
The bill was co-introduced by:
- Chairman Phil Mendelson
- Councilmember Marion Barry
- Councilmember Mary Cheh
- Councilmember Muriel Bowser
- Councilmember Vincent Orange
- Councilmember Anita Bonds
- Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie
- Councilmember Tommy Wells
The bill was also co-sponsored by
- Councilmember David Grosso
- Councilmember Jim Graham
- Councilmember Yvette Alexander
The Washington Post covered the bill introduction with a story about ROC-DC member, Losia Nyankale!
However, this is just the beginning. There is still a long fight ahead of us to ensure that anyone working in DC can earn a day off when they get sick.