OPERATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The DC Employment Justice Center (EJC) is seeking candidates for the position of Operations and Development Coordinator. The Operations and Development (O&D) Coordinator supports the EJC’s mission to secure, protect and promote workplace justice in the metropolitan DC area by ensuring that all functions of the office are being coordinated and that office needs are being fulfilled.
The O&D Coordinator is responsible for maintenance of financial records, for managing office technology needs and relationships with vendors, and for overall office management. The position also supports the Executive Director with basic fundraising efforts, including responsibilities for database maintenance, event planning and grants management. This is a great opportunity to apply technical skills in the service of a community-based legal services and advocacy program, and to develop new skills.
- Responsible for processing of accounts receivable and payable, including entering information into Quickbooks software and preparing basic financial reports. Work closely with contract Bookkeeper to insure integrity of financial recordkeeping and provide support for annual audit
- Prepare biweekly payroll for processing.
- Handle paperwork and onboarding activities for new employees, and general oversight of employee benefits
- Manage office equipment needs and work with IT and equipment vendors to insure smooth functioning of EJC operations. Maintain and order office equipment and supplies as needed.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain foundation and individual donor files.
- Work with Executive Director on annual fundraising event and donor solicitations.
- Two to four years’ related experience, with basic competence in financial recordkeeping, database systems, and office management. Strong facility with Quickbooks software required.
- Demonstrated ability to carefully maintain financial and organizational records, with strict attention to detail and maintenance of confidential records.
- Demonstrated record of trustworthiness and reliability.
- Basic writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with Executive Director, contract Bookkeeper and EJC staff.
- Interest in developing fundraising skills a plus.
Salary range mid-$40s annually, depending on experience. A generous benefits package including organization-paid health insurance, 403(b) eligibility, sick leave and 6 weeks annual paid vacation is provided. The position is part of the bargaining unit of the National Organization of Legal Services Workers, UAW Local 2320.
The EJC is an equal employment opportunity employer and will hire without regard to applicants’ race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial responsibilities, marital status, veterans status, personal appearance, political affiliation, matriculation, receipt of public benefits, or any other characteristic that is protected under DC or federal law.
To apply, please reference any of the above factors that are relevant to your application explicitly in your cover letter and/or resume. Send cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample to Philip Fornaci, Executive Director, and forward materials to email@example.com.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled. This is an immediate vacancy. Absolutely no phone calls.